Friday, May 11, 2018

Are you a Morning Person, Afternoon Person or a Night Owl


There us a claim that  the time of day you  were born will determine what your best time of day that you will be full of energy and getting things accomplished. I was born at 2:30AM so I am really an early morning person. So, this assumption applies to me.  How does this apply to you?

I am extremely productive in the morning after rising at 4 AM,  I take care of my cat, set out the vitamins and clean up the dishes from the night before.  Not being a night person I admit I leave the dishes until morning. I head for the computer and do my social networking marketing, write an article or two and write my daily list of things to do.  We exercise with a bike ride or walk almost every day which helps get the motor running.  I also take care of errands and anything I have to do around the house. 

Around 1Pm I start to fade a little particularly after I have had lunch.  I reward my hard work with a half hour of reading one of my favorite mystery books.  and a quick power nap.Fitness Jump Health Woman Girl Healthy Fit.

I work at about 75 percent speed in the afternoon often taking time to play the keyboard which I love and just puttering around. No matter how I try I don’t have the same concentration and energy that I have in the morning.  Sometimes I will go to my garage studio and work on some older paintings though I rarely start a new one. 

I usually start dinner about 5PM and enjoy a glass of wine.  After that glass of wine and dinner is over, I am pretty much in sitting position chatting with my husband and watching favorite TV shows. 

I have tried many times to get some things accomplished in the evening like starting a new article, working on the computer keeping up on social sites and answering emails.  It just does not work for me so I have pretty much given up.  I always keep thinking how much more I could get done if I stayed up a later and tried.  

I have friends who do their housecleaning at night, cooking dinners ahead of time, writing or even working on art projects.  I do admire this but for me it is never going to happen.

I have accepted my early morning surge of energy and take advantage of it.  I know my first 6 hours of being awake are my most productive.  And honestly I love the early morning quiet and enjoying the early part of the day with energy and enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment