Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Perfect Healthy Dinner for Two


This is one of my favorite easy dinner ideas for two.

I always try to cook in the healthiest way possible and make a mental note to be sure getting lots of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Our dinner last night consisted of: 
1. A tossed healthy salad
2, Wild caught salmon filets
3. Brown rice

This simple salad recipe includes lettuce, tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumber, radishes and a mixture of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. There is a lot of vitamin A and C in the salad and the seeds give you a huge does of magnesium.
Here is a heart healthy salad dressing that I make from scratch.  I always have a bottle in the fridge.  I change the spices and herbs for different tastes.

Here is an easy recipe  for an simple salad dressing
1/2  cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of cider vinegar or lemon juice
2 tablespoons of water
t tablespoon each of oregano, basil, tarragon and garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything in a bowl and pour into a bottle with lid. 


 The main course was wild caught salmon.
I made a marinade of the following ingredients:
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
garlic powder
black pepper
turmeric
oregano
I poured this mixture over the salmon filets and turned them over a few times.
I put the filets in the fridge for about an hour

I put the rice and water in the rice cooker adding the following: 
1 tablespoon each  of ginger, cinnamon, fennel seeds, curry powder
2 tablespoons of sesame seed oil

I love my rice cooker.  Living in high altitude sometimes the rice  does not cook properly without this cooker.  And to boot I am free to do other things.  

We also try to have fish at least twice a week minimum.  There is a ton of  Omega 3  in salmon and it is so delicious.  I also keep  several cans of wild caught salmon in the pantry for a quick lunch.  If you eat fresh foods including a lot of produce you are on the right track for continued healthy eating.  I do not like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and you really do not have to  for completely delicious and healthy meals. Finding easy dinner ideas for two is no problem.  However, we love the left overs if there ever are any.


Healthy eating is a way of life for us.  I feel if I cook healthful food this equals healthy eating. We do have a splurge once in a while.  Sometimes I hear mocha almond fudge ice cream calling me.  Thankfully it only calls about twice a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment