Monday, September 11, 2017

Yummy Baked Almonds


My Favorite Healthy Snack—Baked Almonds 


Making healthy snacks recipes  can be a real challenge.  It does seem like most snacks bought and homemade often have way too much sugar or salt as part of the recipe.  I buy a lot of raw nuts, and while they are tasty enough I love to add some flavor and crunchiness.  With this  healthy recipe I have experimented with other nuts such as walnuts, pecans and cashews.  Each one of these nuts offer many vitamins and minerals.   In fact to keep up your healthy eating having a handful of nuts everyday raise your vitamin intake and of course taste yummy.  Just make sure not to indulge in nuts that have been processed with additives and way too much salt.

Almonds are a true alkali food and are only lacking in  Omega 3 oil.  The nuts are full of magnesium, which is one of the most important minerals you can eat.   I  spend a lot of time online for new recipes to create healthy snacks,

Here is one of my most favorite recipes for healthy snacks.  I usually make up a big batch and put the nuts in closed containers in the pantry.  I have to admit I dig in frequently for a few nuts, and am amazed what a great pick me up they are for afternoon slumps. This recipe can be a little tricky balancing the amount of oil you need to cover the nuts without too much excess. You will have to experiment with this.


I usually start with about a pound and a half of almonds.

Spicy and Yummy Baked Almonds

Ingredients:
Raw Almonds
Approx. 1/4 cup of either avocado or grapeseed oil.  Sesame seed oil will work as well.  These oils have a high smoking point.
1 tablespoon each of garlic powder, Himalayan salt, lemon pepper spice, curry powder

Directions:
1.Blend the oil with the spices
2. Put the nuts in a bowl
3.  Add the oil slowly and keep stirring the nuts until well covered without excess oil
4. Arrange the nuts on a large cookie sheet — try to make them as flat as possible
5. Preheat the oven to 350.
6. Bake the nuts approximately 15 minutes until brown (Not burned).  I have done that before.
7. Turn off the oven and allow the nuts to dry out for about 15 to 20 minutes
8.Cool the nuts (try a few) and put in containers for the pantry

*There are many other spices you can add: oregano, seasoned salt, parmesan cheese, cumin,
  tarragon.  Experiment with whatever you like.  However, it is best to use powdered spices.


This healthy snack recipe can be used on a weight loss diet.  The nuts add to healthy eating and are very filling.  I have found that if I have a handful of these nuts I am full for a long time


For more healthy recipes check out the recipe chapter 3 fir snacks   in my new book  Feel Better Every day

No comments:

Post a Comment