Monday, January 29, 2018

A Healthy and Very Easy Dinner Recipe

What is for dinner tonite?  This is a question I wake up with in the morning since I am the main cook in our household.  Fortunately my husband is a good griller and we do barbecue often throughout the entire year.  I forgot to mention the word  easy which is one of my favorite words to use when referring to cooking. I truly believe that wonderful food does not have to take a huge amount of time nor cost a huge fortune.

Here is a favorite meal of ours that takes me almost no time at all.

The menu is grilled hamburger steaks and grilled veggies with cucumber slices.

1.  I make hamburger patties and season with garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper.  I add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  The grass fed beef we get sometimes is a little dry.  And remember adding a little oil to most foods help conduct the flavor.

2. I get out a large aluminum throw away pan with about 2 inch sides.  I sprinkle a little sesame seed or grapeseed oil on the bottom.  My favorite seasonings to add are oregano, basil, garlic powder, turmeric  (about a teaspoon or two each).  I blend in the seasonings.

3. I cut up an onion in medium size pieces along with red peppers.  I use whole mushrooms unless they are too large and then cut in half.  Other  veggies you can add: zucchini, celery, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli and brussel sprouts (cut in half)

4. Add the veggies to the pan and it doesn't matter if they crow each other.

5. Pour a little more oil mixed with more seasoning over the top and ready to go.

6. Slice your cucumber slices and add a few tablespoons of cider vinegar over them.

You have an easy and healthful dinner that you can put together in about 20 minutes.


There is nothing better in my estimation than barbecued vegetables. And to boot they add a very healthy and delicious addition to many different meals.

*You can substitute chicken, turkey or black bean burgers depending on your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment