Thursday, January 25, 2018

Easy and Quick Soups for Winter

Soup is a daily occurrence at our house, when we are home for lunch.  I work at home and need to
stop for lunch due to hunger pangs and to get away from the computer for a short time.  When I make soup I always make huge batches to have soup for the week.  I always feel very self-righteous as the soups are crafted with the most healthful ingredients.  We usually get our daily requirement of veggies from my soups.

I generally have containers of soup  in the freezer and one in the fridge for the next day lunch.  As I was checking my refrigerator to take out some soup for a healthy lunch--no soup in sight. 

Within 40 minutes I had soup on the table with this soup recipe.  You can vary this recipe with any veggies you have around.  I admit to using some different soup vegetables for this recipe.  I usually have either black or white beams in most of my soups.  However beans take a long time to cook so they were not be included.  However, lentils cook up really fast and we love lentil soup.  This recipe will last you all week long.

Hodgepodge Quick Soup
Ingredients:
1 gallon of water or mixture with chicken stock
3 cups of dry lentils (any color)
1/4 cup of sesame seed oil
3 cups of chopped celery

1 large onion chopped
1 cup of parsley chopped
2 cups of chopped spinach
1 cup of chopped brussel sprouts
1 chopped zucchini

4 tablespoons each of curry powder, turmeric, coriander, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper

Directions:
1. Boil water  in large pot
2. Add sesame seed oil
3. Add the lentils and cook for about 20 minutes

4. Add all of the seasonings
5. Add all of the veggies
6. Cook until the vegetables are tender
7.  Add salt and extra pepper to taste

Serve up this healthful and delicious soup with some crusty French bread.

For more soup recipes check out my book on Amazon Feel Better Every Day





2 comments:

  1. I am interested in all your soups but, the recipes are too large for two people. How do I cut the amount needed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the best part of the soup is putting some away in the freezer. It freezes great and nice to have a meal just ready to eat. thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete