Monday, January 22, 2018

Delicious Recipes for Left Over Chicken

I cook dinners from scratch just about everyday.  We go out on rare occasions for two reasons. I often don't trust restaurant food and there are few places where we live that I just love.  To me going out for dinner is a treat and I want excellent service as well as wonderful food.   In other words we don't just run out for a bite because I don't feel like cooking.  I try to make every meal full of healthy selections.

I do have my favorite fast meals that include my husband grilling chicken, salmon, steak or hamburger patties.  I love meat and though I am health conscious about or food we have it once a week.  Just mentioning steak makes me want one.

I also use left overs to create  delicious meal.  It seems like I always have some left over chicken. If we are going to have chicken two nights a row sometimes I come up with something interesting to do with the chicken. 

Here is a favorite and easy chicken with onions and mushrooms.  I almost always have mushrooms around because we love them and they are super for the immune system.  Not many people know  that.

Chicken A La Leftovers

Ingredients:
2 cups of left over chicken in small pieces
Grapeseed oil (enough to cover the bottom of a large frying pan)
3 sliced garlic cloves
2 tablespoons each of basil, marjoram, taragon and rosemary
1 large sweet onion chopped
2 cups of fresh mushrooms sliced
1 cup of chopped fresh spinach
1 cup of sliced zucchini
1/2 cup of dry white wine

Directions:
1. Heat the oil
2. Add the garlic cloves
3, Stir in all the spices
4 Add all the veggies except the spinach
5. Cook for about 10 minutes
6. Add the spinach and the chicken
7. Cook everything for about 5 minutes
8. Add the wine and cook for ten minutes
9. Add salt and pepper to your taste

Serve with brown rice and a tossed green salad


Here is another favorite recipe with left over chicken

Ingredients:
2 cups of cooked chicken in small pieces
Sesame seed oil (enough to cover the bottom of a frying pan)
1 cup of water chestnuts (sliced)
1 cup of sliced carrots
1 cup of bokchoy
2 cups of fresh spinach
2 tablespoons each of curry powder, turmeric powder and garlic powder
1 tablespoon each if coriander, fennel and red pepper flakes

Directions:
1. Heat the oil
2. Add the sliced water chestnuts, carrots and bokchoy
3. Add all the seasonings
4. Cook for about 5 mintues
5. Add the chopped spinach
6. Add the chicken
7. Cook just long enough for the chicken to get hot.
*you may have to add a little water during the cooking.

Add salt and pepper to your taste

For more delicious and healthy recipes check out my book Feel Better  Every day
http://a.co/8Y7LHwq

1 comment: