Thursday, March 8, 2018

Making Wise Choices is the Best Way to Stay Trim

Sounds easy doesn't it?  A plate of cookies out of the oven or fresh carrot sticks--what will you eat?
I think before I eat everything but this eating habit is now based on my subconscious mind.   I allow myself a few indulgences either every week or when I know we are going to a fabulous restaurant or being served some fabulous dessert. Not only does conscious thinking and choosing keep off the pounds but also creates healthy eating patterns.

First of all I rarely if ever have anything sugary or foods made with white flower in my house.  Most of my food doesn't have labels.  However, every once in a while I get a yen for something very fattening and unhealthy.  If I am home I let it pass by as the grocery store is a 20 minute drive.

When I go to a party and there is tons of food, I scan the table and put on my plate only my very favorite foods.  If there is nothing that is calling to me I may just have a small piece or serving of this or that.

When we go out to a restaurant and potatoes and veggies come with the main course I ask for double veggies and skip the potatoes.  If bread is served and it is not my absolute favorite I ignore it.  Why eat a fattening dessert after eating a huge meal?

I will occasionally order a sandwich but often turn it into a half sandwich and hold the mayo.

Salad bars are tricky.  I scan the selections and avoid cheese, bacon and pasta which also makes for healthy eating.  I do admit to treating myself to my favorite Ranch dressing.  I never use the low calorie selection as what it lacks in calories it lacks in taste.  And who knows what is creating the taste which is often sweet.

You can learn to say no which feels wonderful after you have not added a pound to your body by eating several chocolate chip cookies.  Pick out the few things you absolutely adore and indulge with a planned event.  I always know when I am going to eat something from my "forbidden" list.  I do enjoy those few moments when digging into a treat and know I have sanctioned it.

For Health recipes check out my book  Feel Better Every Day on Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment