Monday, October 2, 2017

My Favorite Essential Oil Recipes



I got interested in essential oils about 4 or 5 years ago.  And when I get enthusiastic about anything new in my life  I buy everything I need to start experimenting.  I read all the information I could get my hands on about essential oils.  And of course the internet is good for those seeking information.   

Essential oils have been around for hundreds of years and have been used to treat many conditions and illnesses.  Long before we knew about prescription drugs essential oils were used.  

There are several ways to use these oils
  1. Sniff the fragrance directly from the bottle 
  2. Put oil in a diffuser to give your room a lovely scent and also help cure what ails you.
  3. Rub your mixture  on your wrists, behind your ears and even on the bottom of your feet. There are many nerve endings on the bottom of your feet and the oil penetrates very fast

A few rules to making your own lotions and potions
  1. Use a glass jar for mixing and storing the blends
  2. Remember to use a carrier oil such as coconut oil, sweet almond, Jojoba are just a few
  3. Essential oils are very strong so it is not a good idea to put directly on your skin.
  4. Make sure the oils do not clash with any prescription drugs you may be taking
  5. Best not to use the citrus oils on your skin when going into sunlight.
  6. Some oils do not work well together so it is a good idea to do some research.

Here is one of my favorite soothing Foot Cream  When I am getting ready for bed I massage this cream on my feet. Not only are my feet moisturized but I get relaxed enough to fall into dreamland.

Ingredients

4 drops each of peppermint oil, rosemary essential oil, lavender essential oil and clary sage essential oil
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil 
Directions
  1. Blend all the ingredients in a small bowl
  2. Pour the mixture into a glass jar with a lid
  3. Keep the mixture by your bedside for nightly quick massages

My Favorite hair and body cleanser

Ingredients
1/2 cup of Castile soap
1 tablespoon of baking soda
10 drops of rosemary essential oil

Directions:
  1. Blend everything into a clean pump bottle
  2. Use for hair and body

Essential Oils for Energy   Essential oil benefits are many and I dab a bit of this when leaving the house.  It is an instant pick up when you are feeling a little tired or in a slump.


I do not believe in any magic bullet to cure conditions and diseases.  And all of us are different and will react differently to any new products we use.  You can experiment and have some fun with essential oils.  I highly recommend again that you check with your health provider to make sure you are not using any oil that may interfere with prescriptions drugs you are taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment