Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Being an Empath--Solutions and Ideas

Surviving as an Empath

Perhaps you have discovered that you are an empath, well at least you can use this label to describe how you navigate in life.  There are good things and challenging things about being an empath.  I recently discovered that this label describes me and my actions.  I am going to go through some of the traits and some easy (well maybe not so easy) solutions to  live peacefully with ourselves.

1.  We often know stuff without being told.
 This is not a bad thing but often creates a feeling of unrest inside. It can also cause us to make quick judgement and even decisions.  It is best  to just allow these thoughts to flow through and evaluate everything before plunging in.

2.  As an empath we often feel  other's emotions whether where we are  or even far away.
 This feeling can make it challenging to our spirit when entering a room.  You can tune out this feeling by engaging in conversations and focusing on your environment.  Experiencing the faraway emotions  is different story as we are often not sure if what we are feeling is real.  When my head gets full of other's emotions I try to divert myself or have a quiet meditation for a few minutes.


3 Some empaths have an addictive personality
Hopefully you can create positive activities in your life to avoid any addictions.   Currently I have no addictions but sometimes it is as simple as being addicted to buying art supplies.  I have gone through that particular addiction. It certainly is not dangerous but could get expensive.  Dealing with alcohol, food or spending money addictions  will require some outside support and help.  Sometimes empaths just need a good friend to share feelings with.

4. Drawn to holistic and metaphysical beliefs.  To me this is one of the best traits of an empath, and something I have always geared towards.  Developing healthy protocols for staying healthy is excellent,  and metaphysical gives direction to our mind and soul.

5. Needing solitude.
 I try to find time each day to be alone and do things I love like read or paint.

6. Feelings always show
I am not sure we can do anything about this and I personally don't care.  If you are in a situation where it is not to your best interests to show your feelings, this is something you can work on.

7. Clutter dampens the spirit
We have clutter in certain rooms in the house, and if I can have some spaces that are clutter free I am okay with this.

8. Negativity is over whelming
One of the best ways to avoid negativity is to surround yourself with positive people.  We all have those negative moments but they often flee.

9. Sympathy with underdogs
Pick your underdogs wisely and make sure they are working at helping themselves before you reach out. Many people are excellent at playing this role.


10.Crowds can become unbearable
I personally avoid crowds as much as possible.  We rarely go places where there are lots of people in one place.

There are more traits to deal with for the empath.  If you feel you are one there are excellent sources to check out.

Check out my book: Amazon Feel Better Every Day

No comments:

Post a Comment