Saturday, February 10, 2018

Natural Cleaning Ideas to Save Money



Cleaning house is not my favorite thing to do, but having a clean house is my favorite place to be.  I actually threw away all of my aerosol cleaning solutions and decided to make make many of my own cleaning products.  So far I still buy laundry and dishwasher detergent.

There are many recipes out there for liquid soap.  I made up this recipe which I also use for personal soap and even my hair.  I love it as it is easy to make and pure.

What you will need:
1. pump bottle
2. Pure castille soap
3. baking soda
4. Water
5  Rosemary essential oil

Directions:
1. Fill the bottle halfway with castille soap
2. Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda
3. Fill to almost the top with water
4. Add 4 or 5 drops of rosemary essential oil


Quick Cleaning Recope
What  you will need:
1. Large Spray bottle
2. White vinegar
3. Baking soda
4. Hydrogen peroxide
5. 6 or 7 drops of lemon or lavender essential oil

Directions
1. Fill the bottle half full of water
2. Add very slowly 2 tablespoons of baking soda
3. Add 3 drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
4. Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar
5. Shale very very gently

This solution is great for doing bathrooms and kitchens.  I use it on granite with no problems.  I often spray the furniture to deodorize the sofas and chairs.  You will want to check first on the back of a chair or sofa that is upholstered to make sure the fabric is colorfast.

Just Baking Soda:

I use baking soda for so many things.  I keep a cup of the soda in each bathroom, by the washing machine and by the cat box.

For a quick cleaning in my bathrooms I pour a little in the toilet, tub and sink.
I simple take a damp rag and go over everything.  I am sure to give another swipe of a damp rag over all of the surfaces pick up all of the residue from the baking soda.

I add about 1/4 cup to a load of laundry.  Every morning when cleaning the cat box I sprinkle a little in the box and never have cat odors.

I love looking under my sink and seeing very few cleaning solutions.  I am working on a laundry detergent and furniture polish next.  I feel healthier knowing I am not spraying all kinds of toxic and scented cleaning solutions in my house.

I have many more recipes in my book  my book Feel Better Every Day


No comments:

Post a Comment