Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I Eat Whatever I want and Never gain a pound




This is pretty much a true story but there is a glitch.  I truly love healthy foods.  If I am at a buffet and there are many salads including pasta, potato salad and fresh veggies. I always go for the fresh veggies because I like the taste much better.  Potatoes, rice and pasta are not my favorite foods so I can avoid them.  I will eat these foods if I am invited to someone’s house and they serve them.   As for bread i am really fussy about what I will eat.  Why waste calories on store bought roles? My weakness is crusty french bread and if this is served in a restaurant I will indulge lathering with lots of butter.

I do order a sandwich when out to lunch.  I may eat half a piece of bread and just eat the sandwich filling like turkey, tuna or whatever I decide.  I choose a salad for side instead of french fries because I like salads.

My house is absent from sugar and sugar products.  Though we do not live by a certain diet I keep starchy food to a minimum.  Usually for dinner with the meat or chicken course I make a salad and cook a vegetable.  Sometimes I may mFood, Produce, Cake, Dessert, Sweetake two vegetables.  A favorite of ours along with grilling different meats and fish is also grilling  pan filled with with a variety of vegetables—onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and I season with olive oil and a ton of spices and herbs.

I have a weakness for red meat and I make it about once a week.   

For sweetness in our lives I keep a wide variety of fruit to snack between meals.  Once in a while I get a craving for something very sweet. Lucky if it happens at night I just live with the craving as it goes away.  Every few months I will ask my husband to go to dairy queen and get a blizzard with M and Ms.  When I am hungry I normally go to the fridge and break off a piece of left over chicken or slice a piece of cheese.  We love nuts.  I buy raw nuts and make a marinade of olive oil, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, curry powder salt and pepper  I cover the nuts  and spread on a cookie  sheet and bake them for about 20 minutes.  This is better than the artificial flavorings they often use to season nuts.

One of the bad things about loving foods laden with carbohydrates  is that it makes you hungrier for more.  If I have a salad, veggies and some chicken I am full.  If I eat pasta it leave me with a craving for more.  

One of the main reasons I do eat healthy is that I rarely do any random eating of cookies or candy.  When I am going to be bad-in the food department-I plan for it.

 I do eat whatever I want as you can see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment