Monday, October 23, 2017

Anxiety and Stress Solutions



I think personally that these two words  somehow belong together and I frankly don’t like either one.  However in life we are all going to feel these two emotions at one time or another. Stress can play havoc on the body. as well as the mind. You will often feel tired, annoyed and  might withdraw from some of your favorite activities.  Though I feel the two often go hand in hand anxiety can be another story.  It is often the result of stress.  

A Few Causes of Anxiety and Stress

I do  believe there are many things in today’s landscape that can cause stress and anxiety.  We live in uncertain times with political unrest, an abundance of suicides, rising prices, uncertain health insurance.  Maybe I better stop right now or everyone will get stressed reading this post. Life is about problems, challenges and working at solving them.  Family matters can be very stressful.  Sometimes things are not going well at work. Money is a huge issue in our lives and not to mention relationships which can create havoc with our minds. A huge cause for stress is being on overload with way too much to do.  

What can we do  to alleviate bouts of stress and anxiety.  There are often problems in our life that we have to live with.  And the problem may or may not go away  but perhaps we can. find suitable ways to calm us down.   Many people either cannot eat during these times or overeat.  For me personally when I am stressed the last thing I want is food.  

Here is my growing list of solutions.

  1. Meditation:  I try to meditate everyday even for a short span of five minutes.  I will go longer if my mind will allow.  Focusing on breathing is all you have to do.  There are books written on proper meditation however whatever works for you is good.
  2. Do a written plan of what you can do about the problem that is looming.  If you don’t have a solution at this time just write down your feelings.  This helps take them off your mind.
  3. Take a long soak in the tub with a sprinkle of lavender, vetiver or sandalwood essential oil
  4. If you can get out a favorite book and just read.
  5. Take a walk out in nature and breathe the fresh air.  Even if it is chilly bundle up and head out.
  6. Turn on some music and get something accomplished like cleaning your house, cupboards or re arranging things.
  7. I keep a small bottle of Lavender oil on my desk and take an occasional sniff for temporary relief.
  8. Call a good friend and vent your feelings and sometimes when doing that they really don’t seem so bad.


We are all going to have stress and sometimes on a daily basis, so take care of yourself in anyway that makes you feel happy.  Do you have a special way you deal with stress?  Check solutions out in my book on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment