Thursday, November 9, 2017

Healthy Snacks with Eggs

 Healthy Snacks with Eggs


Eggs have been given a bad rap over the years and people with high cholesterol have stayed away from them.  However over the past few years eggs have been given the green light, as long as one does not over do it.  We love eggs in our home and I serve them for breakfast about twice a week.  And to boot they are very inexpensive.  I have tried to serve a omelet for a healthy dinner recipe but my husband sort of says NO, as he thinks it is breakfast food. 

However if I were to make deviled eggs for dinner his tune would change.  I honestly don’t get around to making these very often but  I do think it is a great healthy appetizer for company.  And I always have a dozen eggs on hand.  I think most of us will create snacks and meals with what we have on hand.  And another thing is that people like easy cooking recipes. Being a spontaneous person I rarely plan meals sooner than the day we have them.  Though I admit that would be a great idea to be organized with a meal plan.  Maybe someday!

My husband and I love curry and I create many meals around using curry powder and of course the famous turmeric.  Lots of good press on Turmeric these days to keep healthy brain function.  I have read a lot about this spice and I am not taking any chances, so I use this healthy spice  several times a week. Here are a few easy cooking recipes for healthy snacks.

Curried Deviled  Eggs

Ingredients
As many eggs as you need for healthy snacks or health appetizers
Greek plain yogurt
Mayonnaise  that is made with olive oil
1 teaspoon each curry powder, turmeric, coriander, garlic powder, 
paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Boil the eggs
  2. Peel the eggs and allow to cool
  3. Blend together approximately 1/4 cup each of yogurt and mayonnaise
  4. Add the spices except for the paprika
  5. Carefully slice the eggs in half lengthwise 
  6. Mix together the yokes and other ingredients  ( often take one whole egg and mix it in the blend of the egg yokes




  1. Fill the the egg  halves  with the yoke mixture and chill in the fridge.
  2. Sprinkle with paprika

Deviled Eggs with Capers

This is a slight variation on the original deviled eggs
Do steps one through three
Add  these different spices —1 teaspoon each of basil, tarragon and lemon pepper spice
Add 2 tablespoons of capers to  mayo mixture
Salt and pepper to taste
Fill the egg halves with the mixture

Chill in the fridge until serving time


Amazon Books Feel Better Every Day

No comments:

Post a Comment